With the summer season quick approaching, painting the exteriors can be a challenging job due to different reasons that include the rain, hot weather, heat and humidity. Even applying easy general sense will greatly decrease the issue linked with warm climate when painting in summer. Below are some helpful painting tips for applying exterior painting during summer.
- Analyze, check, spot and fix the cracks in the outside of the walls. This process of closing up gaps and joints is referred to as caulking. It is also value mentioning to ensure to use the right products for different substrates.
- Forever read the instructions on the label. The top standard painting material might prove to be a bit costly but in the long-term it will exactly prove to be affordable.
- Surface preparation is one of the most vital steps when painting in summer. In reality, it is more vital than applying the end finishing coat. Thus, you should prep and clean the exterior surface rightly before painting it.
- When it comes to brushes ensure to use rollers and heavy-duty brushes that grip a lot of paint. Commonly, thick nap rollers and four high standard brushes should be enough.
- You will probably need approximately three to four different sizes of ladder to paint. First, know the safest ways to use the ladders because you could end up hurting yourself.
- When painting in the roofing places, be sure you take important precautions to save yourself from the minor burns and sun.Roof places are meant to be warm due to the heat hence remember to apply right skin protections and products.
- During the summer, permit twin dry time humid, hot weather before applying the second coat of painting. Ensure to maintain a wet edge on the surface at all times. Also reject pulling paint /or lap marks back off the surface of the wall.
- Maintaining the uniformity of the color is a large problem. Make sure the colors are mixed rightly. Colors may vary from can to can so it is perfect to mix the paint in a separate big bucket.
Exterior painting is not as simple as it looks and actually going to take longer than you might think. Please be alert, because your body is probably not used to working in the moving or climbing ladders or in heat. Carelessness may lead to muscle strains, back injuries, and falling off ladders are more general than you might have guessed.
I believe you enjoyed that? And btw, did i mention these were the very tips given to me by an exterior painter in St. Louis, the last time i spent summer there?